For over 183 years the Union Meeting Hall has served as the anchor of the Ferrisburgh Village Center. Built in 1840, the Union Meeting Hall has served a variety of purposes over the years. In July 1843 the property was even the site of a fiery speech by abolitionist Fredrick Douglass.
After sitting vacant for years, a group of residents realized the need to save this important historic and architectural treasure while repurposing the building for community use. In 2019 the non-profit the Friends of the Union Meeting (FUMH) was formed to serve that exact need.
Since their formation the FUMH has raised significant funds to rehabilitate the building. In addition, the FUMH has also hosted numerous programming and events for the community on the town green. To learn more about the efforts of the Friends of the Union Meeting Hall feel free to browse our website or follow our social media pages @uniomeetinghallvt.